APC for Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy (massage) and Podiatry: Assessment and Treatment.
Running Coaching is also available for 1:1 or group sessions for runners of all levels.
“Got a niggle? Did you know we can still assess and treat by video if you prefer? Seeing you face to face for treatment is back to normal from assessment through to sports massage. Don’t wait for a niggle to become an injury as sports massage can really help.”
Kate Southall, Lead Physio.
The Accelerate Performance Centre is much more that just an injury clinic. APC adopts a team approach to look after anybody involved in sport whether you need support to recover from an injury, want to improve your running technique or to develop as an athlete through working with a coach.
The team is professionally qualified to a very high standard and are all experienced sports people used to working with complete beginners through to athletes competing for their country. We have the expertise to help.
Injury support offered at APC falls into two key areas:
1) Injury diagnosis and management.
2) Injury prevention which can be coupled with ‘Development Sessions’ or more detailed ‘Coaching Support’.
Diagnosis >>> Treatment >> Recovery Plan > Prevention
Here at the Accelerate Performance Centre we are able to treat a wide range of injuries and conditions, plus offering support for the following:
- Injury recovery and rehabilitation
- General sport and overuse injuries
- Damaged ligaments
- Pulled muscles
- Ongoing pain
- Chronic achilles tendinopathies
- Plantar fasciatis
- Foot and ankle sprains
- Knee and hip pain and injuries
- Back and neck complaints
- Fascia and connective tissue tightness
- Foot problems, including prescription of Orthotics
- Movement and Gait Analysis
This offering is fully backed up and supported by the team within the Accelerate Store and can be coupled in receiving advice from the APC Team for footwear and equipment selection. Something that is very unique within the area.
- The Accelerate Performance Centre is ideally located for those in and around Sheffield and Rotherham. You can find us here
- To arrange an appointment, please book here or call 0114 242 2569
- Meet our team of professionals here
These important areas work alongside each other as our approach is to give you the option to move from ‘Injury Diagnosis and Management’ through to ‘Injury Prevention’, to minimise the risk of re-occurrence or to help prevent and lower the risk of future injuries. In working with our team of Physiotherapists your injury is diagnosed and treated and if, for example, the root cause is identified in the way you move then you may be advised and referred to those specialists in the team that can help you to ‘Move Better, Run Better’.
Covid-19 Update, 1st May 2021: We are open and available for a full range of physiotherapy, sports therapy (massage) and podiatry assessments. Inline with government and professional body guidelines we will continue to do everything we can to keep each other safe. You can read our approach to Covid-19 here >>